USCIS Government Filing Fees Can Now Be Paid by Credit Card

immigration filing fees, immigration forms

As of February 14, 2018, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has been accepting credit card payments for filing most of its forms.

Among the 41 fee-based forms are forms I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancée), I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker), and I-485 (Adjustment of Status).

Prior to February 14, 2018, most government filing fees had to be paid by personal check or money order, which made things more difficult for petitioners and applicants for a variety of reasons. Now, Form G-1450 can be used to pay the government filing fees by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards.

The USCIS has stated that “it will enter credit card data into the system, operated by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and will then destroy the Form G-1450 to protect the credit card information.”

The most current, free versions of the USCIS forms can be found at

If you have questions concerning government filing fees or appropriate government forms, schedule a consultation with our immigration attorney today.

By |2018-02-23T12:37:09-10:00February 23rd, 2018|Categories: Blog Posts, Immigration Articles|Tags: , , , , , |